Joining Collabora

Last Thursday was my last day at Kinvolk. While Kinvolk is a great company run by very nice and talented folks and I really hoped to work there for a very long time, unfortunately it turned out to be not the best fit for me.

While I am sad to leave, I am also very excited to join Collabora in their multimedia team. Today is my first day there. Since Collabora does not exist in Germany, I will be working for them as a consultant and had to register my own one-man company. Yes, I will be staying in Berlin and work from home.

I have known Collabora from its very early days, when it was just a few developers with a vision and passion for Open Source. I also worked very closely with Collabora over the years during the good old Nokia Maemo/Meego times. I always had great appreciation for their work and commitment to Open Source, which is a huge challenge for a consulting company.

While I do not yet know which specific projects I will be involved in at Collabora, I'm most likely going to be working on/with GStreamer again and I'm especially excited about that. Also exciting for me is the fact that people at Collabora share my appreciation for the Rust programming language.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the virtual world!

clutter-gst

zbus and Implementing Async Rust API